What billing options are available?
- Full Pay Plan – you pay the whole policy premium at the time you start your new policy or renewal term
- Monthly EFT – a monthly installment payment will be drawn automatically from your designated checking or savings account
- Bi-monthly Check Plan – you make a payment every other month by check
- Quarterly Check Plan- you make a payment every three months by check
- Bi-monthly Credit Card Plan – a recurring charge will be applied every other month to your credit/debit card
- Quarterly Credit Card Plan – a recurring charge will be applied every three months to your credit/debit card
What forms of payment do you accept?
- Mail your payment in the remittance envelope
- Pay online via our website at www.wolverinemutual.com
- Phone in a credit/debit card payment
- Set up a recurring payment plan
- Drop off your payment at your agent's office. We recommend you contact your agent prior to dropping it off to make sure they provide that service.
For more in-depth information, visit our Billing Options page.
What telephone number should I use to make a premium payment?
Phone: (269) 782-3451, option 3; (800) 733-3320, option 3
Can I pay by phone using my checking account and routing number?
No, that payment method is not available at this time.
What credit or debit cards do you accept?
We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
May I combine more than one policy into a single billing plan?
No, that is not available at this time.
May I change my billing plan at any time?
You can change your billing plan at any time. However, when you receive your bill you must pay it under the current plan. For example, if you are on a bi-monthly plan and want to switch to Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT), you can make the change by contacting your agent and completing our EFT/Credit Card Authorization form. However, you will need to pay your current premium as originally billed. Your new payment plan will go into effect with the next billing.
What fees will I pay?
- Online payment: no service fee
- Full Pay Plan: no service fee
- Monthly EFT Plan Service Fee: $1 for each installment
- Installment Service Fee: $8 for all non-EFT installment plans
- Convenience Fee: $6 for credit/debit card payments processed over the phone
- Late Fee: $20; this fee is not applied until your bill is past due two full days
- Reinstatement Fee: $20 if your policy cancels and your reinstatement is accepted
- Non-sufficient Funds Fee: $30; applies to checks, EFT and recurring credit/debit plans
Why do I pay a MCCA fee in Michigan?
Michigan auto and motorcycle insurance companies are assessed an annual fee to fund the Michigan Catastrophic Claims Association (MCAA). The Michigan Legislature formed this non-profit, unincorporated association in 1978 as part of the State’s unique No-Fault insurance law. The MCAA provides unlimited lifetime coverage for medical expenses incurred in severe personal injury cases. This fee is adjusted each July based on the MCAA’s profit/loss evaluation. This fee is absorbed in your premiums.
Is paying by credit or debit card or EFT secure?
Yes. Wolverine Mutual protects your bank and credit/debit information for all online and recurring payment plans. The information is encrypted into our system and no one has access to it. We protect your banking and credit card information to remain in compliance with banking standards.
Who do I contact to discuss payment options, billing questions or payment status?
You can contact our accounting department Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Eastern Time), excluding holidays:
Phone: (269) 782-3451, option 3 or (800) 733-3320, option 3
Fax: (888) 298-4516