Frequently Asked Questions
How do I report a claim?
What should I do if I have an extreme emergency claim situation?
1. Protect your property as best you can from further damage.
2. Contact your agent.
3. If your agent is not available on a weekday after 4:30p.m. (Eastern Time) or on weekends, call us at:
(800) 733-3320 (please call first)
(269) 782-3451 (use this number only if the above number cannot be reached)
4. Have your policy in front of you to help answer questions.
5. You will get a contact phone number for a Wolverine Mutual claim adjuster.
Do I need a police report?
Yes, request a police report when you are in a car, boat or motorcycle accident or there has been a theft or potentially unlawful damage to your property.
What if I need my car towed?
If you carry road service on your vehicle you will be reimbursed the amount of coverage you have elected.
Is there a list of preferred repair or construction places?
No. Wolverine Mutual won't steer you to a specific body shop or contractor - you choose who provides your repair or construction service.
How do I get a quote for a new policy?
Why should I buy insurance from Wolverine Mutual?
Wolverine Mutual is a financially strong company that is prepared to handle your short- and long-term protection needs. Since 1917 we have provided our policyholders with the insurance coverage that ensures you will hear “it’s covered” when something happens to the people and things you value.
You will work with a local independent insurance agent. No one will work harder for your financial security. You will get sound advice on what coverage you need and what coverage you don’t need.
Since there are no one-size-fits-all insurance solutions, we will work closely with your agent to tailor a policy that adequately protects you. And we will give you a competitively priced quote so you can get the most value for your insurance dollar.
Our quick response to claims and renowned service are why year after year our customers renew their policies with us. We would be honored to take excellent care of your insurance needs, too.
How can Wolverine Mutual help me save money on my insurance?
Wolverine Mutual offers many discounts on its policies that will help you save money. For example, if you insure both your home and auto with us, you can receive a significant discount on both policies. You can get similar multi-policy discounts when you insure your watercraft or motorcycle and home with us. You may qualify for other discounts based on your age, location, driving record, age of your home, credit score, etc. Increasing your deductible is an easy way to reduce your premium, too. Your agent will work with you to get the lowest premium rate possible for the coverage you need.
What billing options are available?
- Full Pay Plan – you pay the whole policy premium at the time you start your new policy or renewal term
- Monthly EFT – a monthly installment payment will be drawn automatically from your designated checking or savings account
- Bi-monthly Check Plan – you make a payment every other month by check
- Quarterly Check Plan- you make a payment every three months by check
- Bi-monthly Credit Card Plan – a recurring charge will be applied every other month to your credit/debit card
- Quarterly Credit Card Plan – a recurring charge will be applied every three months to your credit/debit card
What forms of payment do you accept?
- Mail your payment in the remittance envelope
- Pay online via our website at www.wolverinemutual.com
- Phone in a credit/debit card payment
- Set up a recurring payment plan
- Drop off your payment at your agent's office. We recommend you contact your agent prior to dropping it off to make sure they provide that service.
For more in-depth information, visit our Billing Options page.
What telephone number should I use to make a premium payment?
Phone: (269) 782-3451, option 3; (800) 733-3320, option 3
Can I pay by phone using my checking account and routing number?
No, that payment method is not available at this time.
What credit or debit cards do you accept?
We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
May I combine more than one policy into a single billing plan?
No, that is not available at this time.
May I change my billing plan at any time?
What fees will I pay?
- Online payment: no service fee
- Full Pay Plan: no service fee
- Monthly EFT Plan Service Fee: $1 for each installment
- Installment Service Fee: $8 for all non-EFT installment plans
- Convenience Fee: $6 for credit/debit card payments processed over the phone
- Late Fee: $20; this fee is not applied until your bill is past due two full days
- Reinstatement Fee: $20 if your policy cancels and your reinstatement is accepted
- Non-sufficient Funds Fee: $30; applies to checks, EFT and recurring credit/debit plans
Why do I pay a MCCA fee in Michigan?
Michigan auto and motorcycle insurance companies are assessed an annual fee to fund the Michigan Catastrophic Claims Association (MCAA). The Michigan Legislature formed this non-profit, unincorporated association in 1978 as part of the State’s unique No-Fault insurance law. The MCAA provides unlimited lifetime coverage for medical expenses incurred in severe personal injury cases. This fee is adjusted each July based on the MCAA’s profit/loss evaluation. This fee is absorbed in your premiums.
Is paying by credit or debit card or EFT secure?
Yes. Wolverine Mutual protects your bank and credit/debit information for all online and recurring payment plans. The information is encrypted into our system and no one has access to it. We protect your banking and credit card information to remain in compliance with banking standards.
Who do I contact to discuss payment options, billing questions or payment status?
You can contact our accounting department Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Eastern Time), excluding holidays:
Phone: (269) 782-3451, option 3 or (800) 733-3320, option 3
Fax: (888) 298-4516